Bad port '-d'

Sean Ellis sellis at d216-232-140-48.bchsia.telus.net
Thu Oct 23 08:18:38 CEST 2003

Hello,

I'm hoping that someone might shed some light on a problem that I'm
having getting the 'sample' (demohost) install to complete.

After booting from the client floppy the machine is busy for a while and
successfully negotiates a number of tasks. The sequence arrives at the
rsh connection to the fai 'server'; this looks OK, directories and a
symlink are created in /home/fai/. After this the output stops with the
option to reboot or get a shell. The final output is:

Save log files via rsh to .. etc
Bad port '-d'

I've not been able to turn up the source of the problem yet. Does this
ring any bells for anyone?

--
thanks,

Sean