FAI FLAGS (was specific package version?)

Andreas Schockenhoff asc at gmx.li
Sat Oct 11 11:54:52 CEST 2003

Hello,

On Friday 10 October 2003 09:57, Thomas Lange wrote:
>     > Oh, and while I'm posting, if I can't put 'createvt' on the
>     > kernel commandline for various reasons, where *should* I define
>     > it?
>
> If you use bootpd you can use T172 to supply it. dhcp version 3 is
> currently broken and does not support user specified tags (like T172
> or FAI_FLAGS). You could also use <nfsroot>/etc/fai/fai.conf for
> this, but that more a dirty hack. But which are the reasons?
If you use PXE Boot you can also define FAI_FLAGS or ACTIONS in
/tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default
or in the special file for a group of host or one host.

Example:
default fai-generated

label fai-generated
kernel vmlinuz-install
append ip=dhcp devfs=nomount nfsroot=10.0.2.5:/usr/lib/fai/nfsroot1
root=/dev/nfs FAI_ACTION=menu debug FAI_FLAGS=sshd,createvt,syslog
d,verbose

So you can also use more than one nfsroot and the PXE Menu for special
testings.

bye Andreas