specific package version?

Fri Oct 10 09:57:59 CEST 2003

    > Is there a way to specify that you want a particular version of
    > a package installed?  with apt-get, you can do 'apt-get install
    > package=version' or 'apt-get install package/distro'... does fai
    > support this?
Yes. FAI just passes the packages found in the configuration files to
the apt-get install command. Or you can use apt pinning with the file
/etc/apt/preferences.

    > Oh, and while I'm posting, if I can't put 'createvt' on the
    > kernel commandline for various reasons, where *should* I define
    > it?
If you use bootpd you can use T172 to supply it. dhcp version 3 is
currently broken and does not support user specified tags (like T172
or FAI_FLAGS). You could also use <nfsroot>/etc/fai/fai.conf for this,
but that more a dirty hack. But which are the reasons?