trivial problem with fai-setup

Fri Oct 10 10:15:38 CEST 2003

>>>>> On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 19:19:30 +0200, Paolo Pedaletti <paolop at matapp.unimib.it> said:

    > ciao Thomas,
I think that there are also some other fai users reading this list ;-)

    > I am in full debug mode (/bin/sh -x in all fai-script)

    > 1) fai-setup:
    > ++ id -ng fai
    > + logusergid=nogroup
Normally, the user fai should be in the group fai. Maybe your adduser
defaults are different.

    > 2) in /home/fai/nfsroot/var/tmp/base.tgz : /etc/fstab:
    > # UNCONFIGURED FSTAB FOR BASE SYSTEM
??? Any problems with it?

    > 3)
    > + setup_bootp
    > ++ which mknbi-linux
    > + '[' -x /usr/bin/mknbi-linux ']'
    > + mknbi-linux --verbose -a ip=both
    >   /home/fai/nfsroot/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.20 /boot/fai/installimage
Know problem. Your are using mknbi-linux from the package mknbi, but
you need executable from the package netboot. Please, submit a bug to
these two packages that are using different options.

    > there is no installimage in /boot/fai , but the client boot via
    > dhcp anyway.  Is it correct?
installimage is only used for bootp. dhcp is using vmlinuz-install

    > should be (since /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server complain it):
My nfs server does not complain. Please send me the error
message. Isn't async the default?

>From the exports man page:

The default is to allow the server to write the data out whenever it
is ready.  This can be explicitly requested with the async option.

    > add_export_line $FAI_CONFIGDIR "@faiclients(ro,async)"
    > add_export_line $NFSROOT "@faiclients(ro,no_root_squash,async)"

    > 4b) why 'ro'?
Because no client should write anything to it.