Reboot - After Ctrl-c ??

Arturo Nunez juan.nunez at imperial.ac.uk
Sun Nov 30 20:50:48 CET 2003

Hello:
 	Thanks for the answer...

	Now... Im a newby here....so let me ask the following question:

==>    If I apply your trick or not will I be still be able to continue
with the installation of the machine ???

	Thank you.....

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003, Haakon Humberset wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Nov 2003, Arturo Nunez wrote:
> > Hello:
> >
> > 	I am using Fai 2.5.1
> > 	My main server is (S1=192.168.42.1)
> > 	A machine (M1=192.168.42.11) boots from S1, loads the kernel and
> > performs most of the tasks.
> > 	Im using a customised kernel that recognises my quad ethernet
> > card..
> >
> > 	The problem is when after the INITIAL connection, when in S1 I
> > want to press "Ctrl-c" the machine just reboot.
> >
> > ==>>	Why did that  happen ??
>
> I have the exact same problem. I edited my subroutines script to exit 0
> after that message showed up, and then I got a shell.. However, bash
> complained about 'no job control' in the shell, and whatever I ran in the
> shell, I couldn't break it of with ctrl-c.. So this leads me to believe
> that ctrl-c in some way have been disabled.. I dunno why or how though..
>
> Haakon Humberset

J. Arturo Nunez                       | " Reflect upon your present
Intelligent Interactive Systems       |  blessing,of which every man
Electrical and Electronic Engineering |  has many; not on your past
Imperial College - UK                 |  misfortunes, of which all men
+44 (171) 594 6218 (O)                |  have some " Charles Dickens