No disks found!

Fri Nov 14 12:28:00 CET 2003

    > Executing /fai/class/06hwdetect.source
    > modprobe: Can't open dependencies file /lib/modules/2.4.20/modules.dep
    > (no such fileor directory)
It seems that make-fainfsroot did not finish successfully. Try
make-fai-nfsroot -v

    > the version on the install-server is: 2.4.18-bf2.4 Should I have
    > the same kernel on the server an the clients?  The 2.4.20 ist

It's more important which kernel version is running on the install
server while make-fai-nfsroot installs the kernel into the nfsroot in
a chroot environment.

I'm using equal kernel versions, but different should also work. Check if
/usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/lib/modules/2.4.20/modules.dep exists on the
install server.