No disks found!

Rasched Zamni rasched.zamni at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Nov 14 12:16:16 CET 2003

Hallo everyone, hallo Thomas,
thanks for the fast answer.

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Thomas Lange wrote:

>     > Hallo everyone, I'm trying to upgrade from Fai 2.3 to 2.5.
>
>     > parsing config file: /fai/disk_config/test_disk ERROR: could not
>     > read device /dev/hda
>
>     > Why can't I see my hard disk?  With fai 2.3 everything was fine
> The kernel of fai-kernels has changed. Now ide and other drivers are
> kernel modules, and will be loaded by this line in class/06hwdetect:
>
> modprobe -a ide-probe-mod ide-disk ide-cd
>
> Maybe you are not using this script to load kernel modules.

I'm using it and it contains the line above: I get the following error
while installing:

Executing /fai/class/06hwdetect.source
modprobe: Can't open dependencies file /lib/modules/2.4.20/modules.dep
(no such file or directory)

the version on the install-server is: 2.4.18-bf2.4
Should I have the same kernel on the server an the clients?
The 2.4.20 ist defined in the class DEFAULT.var as the
kernelversion=2.4.20
istn't it?

> Which distribution are you using? Woody or sarge?
Woody
> regards Thomas

regards
Rasched