Failed to fetch Packages

amy at real-time.com amy at real-time.com
Wed Nov 12 22:48:47 CET 2003

I can't seem to get an installation to complete - it does seem to get to
the updatebase portion.  When I look in /tmp/fai/error_log, I see messages like this:

rcS.log Couldn't stat source package list file: package/ Package
(/var/lib/apt/lists/_fai_files_packages_Packages) - stat (2 No such file
or directory)

and...

updatebase.log Failed to fetch /fai/files/packages/Packages (No such
file or directory)

Here are (I think) the applicable portions of my fai.conf file:

ftpserver=mirror.cs.wisc.edu
FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP="$debdist ftp://$ftpserver/pub/mirrors/linux/debian"
FAI_SOURCES_LIST="
deb http://$httpserver $debdist main contrib non-free
deb ftp://$ftpserver/pub/mirrors/linux/debian $debdist main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US $debdist/non-US main contrib non-free
deb ftp://$ftpserver/pub/mirrors/linux/debian $debdist-proposed-updates main contr
ib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ $debdist/updates main contrib non-free"

I've tried different sources for the FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP (ftp, http, and file)
and I get similar errors.  I've also tried just pointing at ftp.us.debian.org
and it also seems to fail to find the Packages file.  During updatebase,
is it using the FAI_SOURCES_LIST or the FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP?

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
--
Amy Tanner