FAI and winbind

W. Borgert debacle at debian.org
Sat Nov 8 17:07:48 CET 2003

Hi,

I'm still struggling with "FAI under unusual network conditions".
In my case neither server nor client are in the DNS or NIS, but
winbind would help (maybe).  I added winbind to the packages
list of make-fai-nfsroot and also changed the hosts line of
/usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/etc/nsswitch.conf to:

hosts: files dns wins

But winbindd doesn't run on my install client.  Starting it
manually (even w/ -d 10) does not start it, nor does it
produce any output.  Has anybody tried this before?
Successfully?

Cheers, WB