Problem specifying installation server (and DHCP)

W. Borgert debacle at debian.org
Tue Nov 4 21:41:28 CET 2003

Quoting Geert Stappers <stappers at stappers.nl>:
> So you are allowed by company admin policy to run fai server?

Well, it's not forbidden.  If I don't use dhcpd or bootp, the FAI
server shouldn't hurt, am I wrong?

> Install bootp server on that system, bootp does not respond
> to unknown MAC address, only to your fai-clients.

My goal is to have a generic installation server, which works for
clients not known to the FAI server before.  This works well, only
the DHCP problem is left.  So bootp is not an option either.

> Beside the technical implementation, solve also the company policy.

First I have to solve the DHCP problem :-(

Cheers,
W. Borgert