FAI client cannot save log files (mis-configuration?)

W. Borgert debacle at debian.org
Tue Nov 4 19:26:09 CET 2003

Hello,

I'm sure I mis-configured something: I think, the installation went
through, but at the end, I get:

savelog.LAST         OK.
Calling task_savelog
Save log files vai rsh to fai at 192.168.0.1:192.168.0.1/install-20031104_191919
Permission denied.
Permission denied.
Calling task_faiend
Press <RETURN> etc.

- yes, the client can login at the server as user 'fai' without
  password using rsh

- yes, the above IP number is that of the FAI server

- no, neither client nor server are in our DNS

- the server is sarge with a little bit of sid, the client is sarge
  (two weeks old)

My question: Where exactly tries the client to save it's install
logs?  Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
W. Borgert