Question about FAI

Mon Mar 31 18:18:50 CEST 2003

    > Thank you for the offer. I'm not ready to take you up on in yet
    > though.  Do you know of any people working in automating the
    > update of an nfsroot? I figure, once I have an nfsroot, I need
    > some method to keep it up to date. There are two ways that
    > immediately come to mind.
In the future (don't ask my when), FAI will be split into several fai
package (fai-server, fai-nfsroot,..), so an update will be more easy.

Updating the usual package in the nfsroot it easy by using

< mount /proc to nfsroot>
chroot chroot $NFSROOT apt-get update
chroot chroot $NFSROOT apt-get upgrade