Question about FAI

Thu Mar 27 11:53:57 CET 2003

    > that I have here, and I have found your interesting package. It
    > seems that FAI depends on debian, that is I require a debian
    > bootserver in order to install and use FAI. Do you think it is
    > possible to have a bootserver on redhat? That is, serve debian
    > install images from a redhat host?
Surely, this is possible. You can even use a Solaris or AIX box as
install server. FAI uses default services to perform the
installation. You need a tftp, BOOTP od DHCP and a NFS server. That's
all. But it will be difficult to create the nfsroot on a non Debian
host. But if you like, I will create a nfsroot for you. Then you have
to make some changes to the nfsroot manually. But it will work.