Setting FAI_FLAGS in LAST.var doesn't work

Sébastien GALLET sgallet at ibourgogne.net
Thu Mar 27 17:48:11 CET 2003

Thomas Lange wrote:

>    > Hi, The new documentation says: <quote> If you do not have full
>    > control over the BOOTP or DHCP daemon (because this service is
>    > managed by a central service group) you can also define the
>    > variable FAI_FLAGS in a /fai/class/*.var scripts. Look at
>    > LAST.var for an example.  </quote>
>
>    > However, if I set FAI_FLAGS in LAST.var instead of the dhcp
>    > configuration, then they are just ignored.
>
>    > I'm using FAI 2.4.
>
>FAI_FLAGS must be set in the very beginning. It can't be set by *.var
>scripts. I will change the documentation. DHCP3 is broken, as it can't
>support user defined tag. But you can supply FAI_FALGS as kernel
>parameters.

I configure dhcpd3 (sarge, 3.0+3.0.1rc9-5) with these parameters and it
works fine :

option option-170 code 170 = string;
option option-171 code 171 = string;
option option-172 code 172 = string;
option option-173 code 173 = string;
option option-174 code 174 = string;

#FAI Setup
filename "/boot/fai/pxelinux.0";
option dhcp-max-message-size 2048;
use-host-decl-names on;
option root-path "/var/data/fairoot";
option option-170 "shining:/usr/local/share/fai";  # FAI_LOCATION
option option-171 "sysinfo";                 # FAI_ACTION
option option-172 "verbose createvt sshd";         # FAI_FLAGS
server-name "server";

But i MUST configure LAST.var too (mktable() section).