Setting FAI_FLAGS in LAST.var doesn't work

Thu Mar 27 17:28:47 CET 2003

    > Hi, The new documentation says: <quote> If you do not have full
    > control over the BOOTP or DHCP daemon (because this service is
    > managed by a central service group) you can also define the
    > variable FAI_FLAGS in a /fai/class/*.var scripts. Look at
    > LAST.var for an example.  </quote>

    > However, if I set FAI_FLAGS in LAST.var instead of the dhcp
    > configuration, then they are just ignored.

    > I'm using FAI 2.4.

FAI_FLAGS must be set in the very beginning. It can't be set by *.var
scripts. I will change the documentation. DHCP3 is broken, as it can't
support user defined tag. But you can supply FAI_FALGS as kernel
parameters.

for PXE boot use:

/boot/fai/pxelinux/cfg/default:
.
.
.

append ip=dhcp root=/dev/nfs FAI_FLAGS=verbose,createvt,sshd