preserve existing partitions

Geert Stappers Geert.Stappers at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 20 17:39:42 CET 2003

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 05:18:01PM +0100, Gernot Weber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just wondered whether it is possible to tell fai to use just the not
> used space on a hard disk. Some of the machines here are dual boot and
> have Windows on one or two partitions. I would like to shrink these
> partition with partition magic or something like this and then install
> linux with fai on the unpartitioned - free disk space.
>
> Is this possible?

Yes, it is.

Geert Stappers

--

stappers at fr12:~/fai/disk_config
$ head kueppers

disk_config hda

#primary  -              2000   ;
primary  -              preserve1
primary  -              preserve2       rw,errors=remount-ro    ; -c
primary  /              50              rw,errors=remount-ro    ; -c
stappers at fr12:~/fai/disk_config
$