make-fai-bootcd - configuring gibraltar

Bruce Edge bedge at troikanetworks.com
Mon Jun 30 18:11:17 CEST 2003

> From: Mark Hedges [mailto:hedges at recyclecomputer.com]
>
> Using make-fai-bootcd, how do I configure gibraltar to search
> for the cdrom on a different device than the one it finds?
>
> I omitted IDE cdrom modules, included ide-scsi and passed
> hdc=ide-scsi to the kernel in syslinux.cfg.  It should look
> for the cd at /dev/scd0 but it looks at sr0 and cannot find
> the cdrom.  I want the systems to be pre-configured to work
> with cdrw/dvdrw drives on the second ide cable.
>
> Thanks for all the helpful info.
>
> --mark--

This diff snippet will probably have to be applied to linuxrc by hand, as I have others in there as well, but this fixes the problem of not detecting a SCSI CD ROM when booting with the gibralter stuff.
There's an extra layer if indirection on the quotes.

-Bruce.

140c142
<       if [ `expr $dev : \"sr[0-9]*$\"` -gt 2 ] ; then
---