make-fai-bootcd - configuring gibraltar

Mark Hedges hedges at recyclecomputer.com
Sun Jun 29 04:00:05 CEST 2003

On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 05:18:11PM -0700, Mark Hedges wrote:

> Using make-fai-bootcd, how do I configure gibraltar to search
> for the cdrom on a different device than the one it finds?
>
> I omitted IDE cdrom modules, included ide-scsi and passed
> hdc=ide-scsi to the kernel in syslinux.cfg.  It should look
> for the cd at /dev/scd0 but it looks at sr0 and cannot find
> the cdrom.  I want the systems to be pre-configured to work
> with cdrw/dvdrw drives on the second ide cable.
>
> Thanks for all the helpful info.
>
> --mark--

BTW I guess it is going to be easy enough to use a different
kernel for the install cdrom and then install a kernel package,
but I asked because it would be nice to use the same kernel
now that I'm not limited to the space on a 1.44M floppy.
Then the installer kernel can test everything just as it is
supposed to work when the installation finishes.  (I am
trying to get things working without prior knowledge of
the specific hardware.  This is quite a task!)

--mark--