New user facing problems

Vinayakam Murugan vinayak at theargoncompany.com
Wed Jun 11 12:48:15 CEST 2003

Hi

Our company is into providing linux based network management and email
solutions. We are using Redhat Linux but we would like to switch to the
GNU/Debian distro.

One of our requirements is to create a CD based Installer which automatically
configure the mail / file server at our clients place. This was achieved
using Anaconda / Kickstart in Redhat. We were looking for alternatives in
Debian and stumbled on FAI.

Is there detailed documentation on FAI especially for CDbased installation
available on the net?

Now coming to the main issue :

I installed the FAI and FAI kernels packages, edited FAI.conf and ran FAI
setup. It did not happen successfully. I have attached the output of
make-fai-nfsroot -v along with this mail.

These are the final lines of the log I captured.

Creating base.tgz
Upgrading /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot
Err file: woody/main Packages
  File not found
Ign file: woody/main Release
Err file: woody/contrib Packages
  File not found
Ign file: woody/contrib Release
Err file: woody/non-free Packages
  File not found
Ign file: woody/non-free Release
Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...

Can anyone help me proceed?

--
Warm Regards

"Though a program be but three lines long,
someday it will have to be maintained."
-- The Tao of Programming