LILO + Raid1 + Root filesystem

Bruce Edge bedge at troikanetworks.com
Thu Jul 31 22:46:45 CEST 2003

I left a non-RAID boot partition on each drive, as grub can't boot from RAID partitions. I've heard that lilo can, but I've never tried it.
I manually (well, in FAI scripts) mirrored the /boot partition from one disk to the other, then used grub to write boot sectors on both disks.

Did you use partition type fd?

-Bruce.