Trouble with LILO on install

Niall Young niall at chime.net.au
Thu Jul 24 04:44:10 CEST 2003

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, [utf-8] Aurélien Gâteau wrote:

> Yes, I'm using the FAI templates. The lilo questions appear when FAI is saying
> "Setting up kernel-image-2.4.21dol4 (1) ...", which is a custom kernel build
> with make-kpkg.

That's your problem then - kernel packages built with make-kpkg require
interaction when setting up lilo.  I ended up building custom kernels
like any other package with a customised debian/rules built from dh_make
and then building the package with dpkg-buildpackage.

I'm not sure if FAI can compensate for this, I'd personally file a bug
against make-kpkg and ask them to use debconf.

Niall Young                                    Chime Communications Pty Ltd
niall at chime.net.au                            Level 6, 263 Adelaide Terrace
Ph: (+61) 08 9213 1330 / 0408 192 797         Perth, Western Australia 6000

    "Are you a parent who would like to involve your kids in an iiNsanity
    event?"
                                        -- Jodie Evans, Mar 2003