FAI trouble...

Ronan.Keryell at enst-bretagne.fr Ronan.Keryell at enst-bretagne.fr
Tue Jul 22 18:42:12 CEST 2003

I wonder wether FAI is working right now or if it is a local issue.

fai-setup for woody fails on debootstrap waiting forever after having written many
blank lines.

fai-setup for sarge fails on a conflict between dhcp3-client and
dhcp-client.
After removing dhcp3-client from make-fai-nfsroot it looks OK.

Then, when I make an install I have a conflict from the packages described
by the FAI template file package_config/DEFAULT (note that I build my fai dir by
adding stuff upon the template fai dir from the fai distribution) :
  tcsh: Conflicts: tcsh-i18n but 6.11.00-2.1 is to be installed
E: Sorry, broken packages
ERROR: 25600 25600

By removing tcsh-i18n from this file it is better.

Then I have a new problem : the HOSTNAME got from DHCP is correctly FQDN
but later in the rcS_fai it is not (probably after execution of fai-class
/fai/class /tmp/fai/FAI_CLASSES)... :-(

Any hint ?
--
  Ronan KERYELL               |\/  Tel:    (+33|0) 2.29.00.14.15
  Labo Informatique & Télécom |/)  Fax:    (+33|0) 2.29.00.12.82
  F-29238 PLOUZANÉ CEDEX      |\   E-mail: rk at enstb.org
  FRANCE                      | \  http://www.lit.enstb.org/~keryell