cdrom repository tweaks

Mark Hedges hedges at linuxdelivery.com
Fri Jul 4 07:32:50 CEST 2003

I'm trying to get make-fai-repository to mount localhost:/fai
to /tmp/target/fai instead of copying /fai to /tmp/target,
which is a small root partition and cannot handle 500MB of archives.

It moves $NFSROOT/var/lib/nfs to $NFSROOT/var/lib/nfs_tocopy,
links $NFSROOT/var/lib/nfs to /tmp/nfs, and then copies nfs_tocopy
to /tmp/nfs when the cd runs.  (&..run&&lock ... move base.tgz elsewhere
and put all /var on /tmp to support cd?  btw 2.3.4 exim starts.)

This seems to work okay to start up nfs-kernel-server by hand.
However mount still said "RPC: Program not registered" when I
try to mount localhost:/fai to /tmp/target/fai.  I also added
a line for 127.0.0.1/A in NFSROOT/etc/hosts.allow.  rpcinfo
reported only portmap running.  portmap services bug me.
I changed rcS.fai to copy directories, start nfs-common and
nfs-kernel-server immediately after portmap.  I don't know,
maybe I got something wrong, it looked like it copied all of /var.
Now rpcinfo says RPC: Remote error: connection refused, even when
I try the portmap/nfs sequence manually.

I also added a -l hack to read in a specific package list, instead
of excluding all the ones we don't want, if we have a lot.  But at
this point this package list must be hand-formatted on one line
because I'm lazy and just hold J.  make-fai-bootcd now passes the
-d flag through to make-fai-repository.  I will send diffs when
it works if you like.

cdrom utilities would be nice to see in a release of fai in
$FAI_CONFIG/cdrom.

--mark--