FAI kernel image without modules.

Tue Feb 4 10:59:51 CET 2003

    > As a rule I use kernels without module support built in for my
    > kernels.  It's not that I care that deeply about the issue --
    > it's just that having everything I use built in means that I
    > don't have to administer module configuration or anything like
    > that.
What do you have to configure for that? Loading kernel modules is done
mostly automatic. And it's more work to create a special install
kernel, than using the default kernel. So you will save module
configuration, but you have to build the kernel by your own. Will one
kernel suffice for all your machines? Or do you have to build several
install kernels? What is less work?

Anyway, I will apply your patch if you really need this.