libdetect0 workaround ok?

Jay Kusler kusler at nscl.msu.edu
Thu Dec 4 05:05:47 CET 2003

I am using FAI 2.5.1 with sarge, using a custom 2.4.22 kernel.
I've done a number of different configurations (1U servers, desktop
machines, IDE/SCSI, PXEboot, bootfloppy, but no CD-boot yet), and all
have worked as I'd hoped.  I did what you suggested here: simply remove
libdetect0 from the list of packages and re-run make-fai-nfsroot.

Jay

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 10:53:28AM +0800, Niall Young wrote:
> Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 10:53:28 +0800 (WST)
> Subject: Re: libdetect0 workaround ok?
> From: Niall Young <niall at chime.net.au>
> To: malk at sidehack.sat.gweep.net
> Cc: linux-fai at uni-koeln.de
>
> On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 malk at sidehack.sat.gweep.net wrote:
>
> > I ran into the same thing and simply took libdetect0 out of the list
> > it's on in make-fai-nfsroot.  This made fai-setup finish successfully.
> >
> > Is this the best workaround, or is there something better I should be doing?
>
> Yep, libdetect0 has been removed from the archive.
>
> Is anyone successfully using FAI 2.5.1 with sarge?
>
> Niall Young                                    Chime Communications Pty Ltd
> niall at chime.net.au                            Level 6, 263 Adelaide Terrace
> Ph: (+61) 08 9213 1330 / 0408 192 797         Perth, Western Australia 6000
>
>     "Are you a parent who would like to involve your kids in an iiNsanity
>     event?"
>                                         -- Jodie Evans, Mar 2003
---end quoted text---