libdetect0 workaround ok?

malk at sidehack.sat.gweep.net malk at sidehack.sat.gweep.net
Thu Dec 4 03:40:51 CET 2003

Hi-

I saw in some mail on October 28th from W. Borgert fai-setup complains
about not finding libdetect0 package when trying to install on a sarge
box. (fai 2.5.1 that comes with sarge)

I ran into the same thing and simply took libdetect0 out of the list
it's on in make-fai-nfsroot.  This made fai-setup finish successfully.

Is this the best workaround, or is there something better I should be doing?
Should I expect fai installs of sarge from this sarge fai server to work
even though libdetect0 isn't installed in the nfsroot?  I'd like to know things
should work before moving on.

Before FAI I used Redhat kickstart quite a bit w/ my own extensions to
install stuff beyond redhat etc.  I'm quite excited about FAI because
it looks like it's a lot more flexible / extensible than kickstart.
Looking forward to using it.

Thanks for any info,

-Eric Malkowski