FAI for UMLs

Frank Lenaerts lenaerts.frank at pandora.be
Fri Aug 29 11:58:29 CEST 2003

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 10:40:36AM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> It would be relatively trivial (I think) to modify FAI to be able to
> produce UML filesystems wouldn't it?

I have been thinking about this too, but decided to use rootstrap to
setup my umls. I still don't see the advantage of using FAI to setup
umls.

> You'd just skip straight into the instsoft task after providing some
> loopback mounted filesystems, wouldn't you?
>
> It would be cool if FAI could spit out UML instances using the class
> mechanism. This could also aid in testing FAI installation scripts and
> whatnot without having to do it on an actual box.

For testing FAI installation scripts etc., this would be interesting.

lenaerts.frank at pandora.be

gpg fingerprint: A41E A399 5160 BAB9 AEF1  58F2 B92A F4AB 9FFB 3707
gpg key id: 9FFB3707

Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly."
-- Henry Spencer