FAI for UMLs

Sam Vilain sam at vilain.net
Fri Aug 29 11:22:17 CEST 2003

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 01:40, Andrew Pollock wrote;

  AP> It would be relatively trivial (I think) to modify FAI to be
  AP> able to produce UML filesystems wouldn't it?
  AP> You'd just skip straight into the instsoft task after providing
  AP> some loopback mounted filesystems, wouldn't you?

Let me know if you have any joy.  I'd like to replace my scripts for
building vservers[1] with something like this, but haven't yet had the
time to grok FAI fully.  I expect if it works for UML it should work
for vserver (which is essentially just chroot() for processes,
hostname, IP addresses, ...).

In fact, are you wasting previous system resources with UML when you
could be saving lots of cycles and memory on vserver?  :-)

1. http://www.solucorp.qc.ca/miscprj/s_context.hc
Sam Vilain, sam at vilain.net

Have you hear they are developing an OO version of COBOL?
It's called "ADD ONE TO COBOL".