FAI with apt-proxy

Souchon Yann yann.souchon at elca.ch
Wed Aug 27 17:41:03 CEST 2003

Hello !

I have recently installed FAI with apt-proxy.
I don't will make a "total" mirror in my network, only the updates and the
packages for the base install.

When I execute make-fai-nfsroot, I have this error :

# make-fai-nfsroot
Creating FAI nfsroot can take a long time and will
need more than 160MB disk space in /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot.
/usr/lib/fai/nfsroot already exists. Removing /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot
Creating nfsroot for woody using debootstrap
E: Failed getting release file http://server:9999/debian/dists/woody/Release
chroot: cannot execute apt-get: No such file or directory
chroot: cannot execute dpkg-divert: No such file or directory

The Release file isn't found.
I have find this message
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-fai@rrz.uni-koeln.de/msg01230.html, where
can use apt-ftparchive for generate Packages file.
With apt-ftparchive, can I correct this error ? If yes, how do I ?

What difference are between Packages file dans Release file ?

Can you help for use FAI with apt-proxy ?

Thanks for you help,

Yann