bootfloppy and 1Gbps NICs

Ludwig Schwardt schwardt at dsp.sun.ac.za
Tue Aug 26 15:38:10 CEST 2003

> > Looking at the make-fai-bootfloppy script, it is unclear to me how a
> > specific driver is to be included on the bootfloppy. I guess the
> > kernel installed on the NFSROOT has to have the specific driver
> > compiled into it.
>
> Yes, AFAIK, the kernel needs to have the driver compiled into it,
> since 'make-fai-bootfloppy' cannot deal with initrd (yet?).

I have patched FAI 2.4.1 to make initrd bootfloppies, specifically to load
proprietary nForce2 network modules that cannot be compiled into the kernel.
It's a bit messy at this stage, but people desperately craving it can contact
me and try their luck with it :->

Ludwig Schwardt
DSP Lab
University of Stellenbosch