FAI and D-Link 650 (PCMCIA) anyone?

W. Borgert debacle at debian.org
Tue Aug 5 23:05:34 CEST 2003

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 11:28:47AM +0200, Thomas Lange wrote:
> It's not possible to activate a PCMCIA card without using kernel
> modules AFAIK. Loading kernel modules for a network card is not
> supported by fai, since the fai kernel does not use an initial ramdisk
> and. You have to create a boot floppy that's using a ramdisk and some
> scripts to enable your pcmcia network card.

In this case it is only one single notebook and because it
does not have any CD-ROM drive I will go the painful way of
a standard woody floppy installation :-(  At my job we will
use FAI for automatic installation, but there we do not use
PCMCIA, so no problem for me.

Many thanks anyway!  Cheers,
--
W. Borgert <debacle at debian.org>, Linux User #7456 http://counter.li.org/