FAI and D-Link 650 (PCMCIA) anyone?

Henning Glawe glaweh at physik.fu-berlin.de
Tue Aug 5 11:27:54 CEST 2003

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 09:05:38AM +0000, W. Borgert wrote:
> I try to use a six year old notebook computer as FAI client,
> but neither the kernel from fai-kernels 1.5.3 nor my own
> 2.4.21 FAI kernel seems to like the PCMCIA NIC D-Link DE650.
> The kernel says: IP-Config: No network devices available.
> Somebody more successful than me?
PCMCIA needs the userspace cardmgr to work, so it could only work from
an initrd, which is currently unsupported by FAI
=> FAI doesn't work with PCMCIA devices (currently).

maybe the fai-cd solution could work in such a situation ? (as long as
the cdrom isn't connected via PCMCIA, of cause).
--
c u
henning