kernel network drivers vs module network drivers

Mon Aug 4 12:59:00 CEST 2003

    > boot floppy...  So, several quick questions come to mind

    > a) am I correct in this assumption, that there is no way to make
    >     the boot floppy support these built in network cards?
Currently not. Somebody (not me) has to look how to create a
bootfloopy which uses an initrd so we can load kernel modules before
the kernel mounts the root files system.

    > b) any way to compile support for a kernel module directly into
    >     the kernel?
This should work for all (or most) kernel drivers.

--
Gruss Thomas