kernel network drivers vs module network drivers

Mike Grommet mgrommet at elucidations.net
Sun Aug 3 08:54:21 CEST 2003

well, as I plod further into this adventure, I've discovered that the machines I'm using for clustering have built in SiS network cards, which have a kernel module for their use..

Well, from what I can see, FAI doesn't support kernel modules on the boot floppy...  So, several quick questions come to mind

a)  am I correct in this assumption, that there is no way to make the boot floppy support these built in network cards?
b)  any way to compile support for a kernel module directly into the kernel?
c) Is my only real option here to go out and buy additional network cards for these machines?
and finally
d) if so, can anyone suggest decent cheapies?  Cost is definately a factor

Thanks for any input or hints...