Beginner's problem

debacle debacle at knorke.in-berlin.de
Sat Aug 2 10:23:04 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm totally new to FAI and try to set up FAI on and for sid.
I created a local mirror using apt-move for this purpose and
fai-setup complains:

Account $LOGUSER=fai already exists.
Make sure that all install clients can
log into this account without a password.
/home/fai/.rhosts created.
User account fai set up.
Creating FAI nfsroot can take a long time and will
need more than 160MB disk space in /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot.
/usr/lib/fai/nfsroot already exists. Removing /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot
Creating nfsroot for sid using debootstrap
E: Invalid Release file, no valid components
chroot: apt-get: No such file or directory
chroot: dpkg-divert: No such file or directory

My /etc/fai/fai.conf (with comments and empty lines removed):

unset http_proxy
unset ftp_proxy
installserver=localhost
httpserver=$installserver
debdist=sid # distribution: woody, sarge, sid
FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP="$debdist http://$httpserver/debian"
FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP_OPTS="--arch i386 --exclude=ppp,pppconfig,pppoe,pppoeconf,dhcp-client"
FAI_SOURCES_LIST="deb ftp://$ftpserver/debian $debdist main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US $debdist/non-US main contrib non-free
deb ftp://$ftpserver/debian $debdist-proposed-updates main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ $debdist/updates main contrib non-free"
FAI_SOURCES_LIST="deb http://$httpserver/debmirror/debian $debdist main contrib non-free
deb http://$httpserver/debmirror/debian-non-US $debdist/non-US main contrib non-free
deb http://$httpserver/debmirror/debian $debdist-proposed-updates main contrib non-free
deb http://$httpserver/debmirror/debian-security/ $debdist/updates main contrib non-free"
FAI_LOCAL_REPOSITORY="deb file:/fai/files packages/"
NFSROOT_PACKAGES="expect"
FAI_ROOTPW="56hNVqht51tzc"
KERNELPACKAGE=/usr/lib/fai/kernel/kernel-image-2.4.20_fai1_i386.deb
SERVERINTERFACE=eth0
LOGUSER=fai
FAI_REMOTESH=rsh
FAI_REMOTECP=rcp
FAI_CONFIGDIR=/usr/local/share/fai
FAI_LOCATION=$installserver:$FAI_CONFIGDIR
FAI_BOOT="dhcp bootp"
NFSROOT=/usr/lib/fai/nfsroot
FAI=/fai
OS_TYPE=`uname -s |  tr /A-Z/ /a-z/`