ok, next problem: creating boot floppy

Mike Grommet mgrommet at elucidations.net
Sat Aug 2 06:17:41 CEST 2003

Ok, this should be straightforward enough, but apparently I can goof this
one up too :)

I go to make a boot floppy using make-fai-bootfloppy...  and it starts
formatting the disk, however I get the warning message:

ln: creating symbolic link `/floppy/vmlinuz' to `boot/vmlinuz-2.2.20':
Operation not permitted

Odd...  I mount the floppy and the files are there... but running mount
without any arguments tells me that this floppy is
a vfat and not an ext2... I'm not sure what is going on here...since
/etc/fstab reports my floppy mount point as ext2

So where is make-fai-bootfloppy coming up with the idea that I need a vfat
floppy disk?

I modified the mount command after the mke2fs to have -t ext2 -- and that
did seem to fix things...

I guess I"m not sure what the problem is... but I thought I might report
what I'm seeing... perhaps someone has a comment to add