NIS configuration

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Thu Sep 19 19:02:52 CEST 2002

In a message dated: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 11:32:13 EDT
AUSTIN MURPHY said:

>Why not just modify S24nis.sh to set $YPDOMAIN="" if NONIS is defined?

You could do that to, but you need to somehow get NONIS defined.  If
you do this in the dhcpd.conf file by setting 'option nis-domain' to
an empty string for a spefic client, then you don't really need to
bother with modifying FAI scripts that much.

>PS. thanks Thomas for explaining how bootp/dhcp sets $YPDOMAIN.

Ahm was this a private e-mail, or did I miss this post?  Was it
overly different from what I explained?  Just curious, as I don't
want miss any good information :)
--

Seeya,
Paul