FAI, RAID, booting

Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com
Tue Sep 17 22:58:04 CEST 2002

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 pll at lanminds.com wrote:

[snip]

> I haven't yet investigated using hooks at all.  How does this work?

Easiest thing to find out is to change:

  /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/sbin/rcS_fai

-#set -xv # for full debugging
+set -xv # for full debugging

Do a test installation and then look at the created logs:

  # less ~fai/<host name>/last-install/rcS.log

That will show you what's going on, when and what hooks and other
files are usedexecuted. You will then be able to adjust your
installation flow to your liking.

> I notice that you don't have an /fai/disk_config directory.  If this
> doesn't exist, then I'm assuming the hook gets invoked at some point
> instead of setup_harddisks being automatically invoked using the
> disk_config/<class> file?

See above.

Cheers,
Cristian