FAI, RAID, booting

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Tue Sep 17 22:35:08 CEST 2002

In a message dated: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 21:02:19 +0200
Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn said:

>On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 pll at lanminds.com wrote:
>
>> Anyone have any ideas how I'd go about getting FAI to create a RAID
>> set accross 4 disks, then installing to that?
>
>I've put an example here:
>
>  http://ftp.axis.se/pub/users/cii/fai/

Fantastic!

I haven't yet investigated using hooks at all.  How does this work?
I notice that you don't have an /fai/disk_config directory.  If this
doesn't exist, then I'm assuming the hook gets invoked at some point
instead of setup_harddisks being automatically invoked using the
disk_config/<class> file?

Thanks, I really appreciate it!
--

Seeya,