Package Installation Problem

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.net
Mon Sep 2 12:01:24 CEST 2002

Hy,
While starting to try to install a machine with fai, i have a problem to get
packages installed.

My Install client belongs to some classes, including the unmodified,
fai-packaged DEFAULT Class, plus a class i made on my own.
Now, even if i see messages, that the package config files of those classes
are read, and even if i see that fai runs

chroot /tmp/target apt-get -y --fix-missing install hdparm debconf bootpc
parted cron util-linux
 debianutils rstat-client rstatd rusers rusersd rsh-server rsh-client lprng
pciutils sysutils ti
me strace libpam-cracklib tcsh tcsh-i18n file less cfengine psmisc jove
linuxlogo ssh j2sdk1.3

with only the one error that j2sdk is not found, which is another problem i
want to solve later,  multiple of the above packages don't get installed in
this run and aren't marked for installation when i run dselect after reboot.

I searched for the problem for hours now, but can't find any hint.

Where i can look for mistakes i made and problems that bring this effect?

tia,
henning