Future of FAI (fwd)

Thu Nov 28 17:22:02 CET 2002

    > Files in class/ are processed by name, so are the
    > script/CLASSNAME/* scripts.  I think script/* ought to follow
    > the same rules.
Scripts in class/ must be processed by name, because no classes are
defined at this stage. After all classes are defined, the order of
classes matters. This is important for ftar and fcopy. Maybe it's not
that important for the scripts. I will think about it.

You can redefine the task_configure() function to implement your own
order for processing the script. Do not patch the fai sources! Because
they are changing (for example in fai 2.4) and then your patch is
broken and you have to repatch the original fai version. Instead
redefine the function. You can redefine functions by writing your
version into /fai/hooks/subroutines.