future of fai

Henning Glawe glaweh at physik.fu-berlin.de
Thu Nov 21 20:50:26 CET 2002

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 03:28:46PM +0100, Thomas Lange wrote:
> - should we switch the installkernel to devfs ? What parts are
>   affected ? Can both be used at the same time ?
we use it here that way... maybe just write a hint in the manual that
the user should add devfsd to nfsroot if they want to have nfsroot;
without it, FAI is lost (in some cases it just assumes 'conventional'
device names... also in you beloved setup-harddisk ;) )

what became of your idea of making FAI more "atomic", i.e. split it up
into smaller scripts ?

--
c u
henning