future of fai

Thomas Glanzmann sithglan at stud.uni-erlangen.de
Thu Nov 21 19:25:22 CET 2002

> - proofreading of the manual
We learned more from the examples then the manual.

> - should we switch the installkernel to devfs ? What parts are
>   affected ? Can both be used at the same time ?
I think it would be nice to have the opinion. On the other side it is just
another feature request.

> - write a script that creates a bootable CD. I do not know if it's
>   possible to detect the name of the CD-ROM without using a
>   initrd. What if the computer has (several) IDE and SCSI CD-ROMs? The
>   CD should be made from an existing nfsroot on a fai server. I think
>   Niall Young will work on this.
Yep. I think you need a initrd to do this.

> - write a little success story of your experience using fai or answer
>   the questionnaire
hrm. I promised it 6 months ago ... but nothing happened until now ... hrm

Greetings,
	Thomas
--
Thomas Glanzmann  ++49 (0) 9131 85-27574   Department of Computer Science III
Martensstrasse 3  D-91058 Erlangen Germany   University of Erlangen-Nuremberg