Regarding: New PFAI snapshot

Geert Stappers Geert.Stappers at xs4all.nl
Sat Nov 9 08:37:36 CET 2002

At 23:08 +0100 11/8/02, Henning Glawe wrote:
>Moin,
>now I setup a very simple Homepage for PFAI at
>http://www.physik.fu-berlin.de/~glaweh/pfai . So now it should be easier
>to access it.
>
>There is also a new PFAI tarball online, mainly containing bugfixes:
>- the Makefile actually works for other people than me ;)
>- huge bugfixes in system updating code; the bugs were leading not
>  detecting changed config files in most cases.

Hello Henning,

I do like the effort that you put in FAI.

However, I think you missed an E-mail from yesterday from Thomas Lange:

>    > So why isn't this applied to FAI upstream ? The way it is, some
>Be patient. As I already wrote to this list, I had a lot of other
>things to do in the last month, but soon I will start to applied a lot
>of patches and new things to FAI.

Could you please hold your horses for an other two weeks?

Thomas,

You still have credit for asking more time.
Use the time for the things that you have to do.
Linux Kongress was in the first week of September,
meanwhile that is eight weeks ago.

Two months almost nothing from the project main man
and lastest CVS updates that are five months old
makes me worry about the project.

Ask for help ( resending patches, do testing )
or ask for someone who is willing to take over the project.

Let us know what your road map is
and what the road map for FAI is.

I do known that this is not a regular E-mail on this list,
but it is still about the future of FAI.

What is the opinion of the other readers on this mailinglist?

Geert St
---------
Get my envelope closing key with `gpg --recv-keys 5511798F`
or use the equivalent of your favorite Pretty Good Privacy software.
The envelope opening key is already here.