xargs (environment too large), set and rcS_fai

Holger Levsen hl at hbt.de
Fri Nov 8 15:59:47 CET 2002

Hi,

I applied your little patch now, it works and I haven't seen any other
changes...

> basically you only need to export a function if you want to call this
> function from a subprocess; at least in our setup, this never happens.
>
> The only other way to circumvent this problem would be to to patch the
> kernel for increasing the environment size...

So why isn't this applied to FAI upstream ? The way it is, some packages
are unable to install. If your patch would be applied, only some hooks
(which are not part of FAI) woulnd't work as usual but hooks are for
advanced users anyway so they could be informed in a README.

> c u
> henning

ciao,
	Holger