new to fai, just wondering about a comment in the homepage of fai...

Walter Tautz wtautz at math.uwaterloo.ca
Mon May 6 18:58:02 CEST 2002

http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/:

FAI is an automatic installation tool for Debian GNU/Linux, similar but better
than tools for other linux distributions, like kickstart for Red Hat, yast and
alice for SuSE, lui from IBM or Jumpstart for Solaris.

How is it better than Redhat Kickstart for example? The reason I
ask is because a manager of mine asks. I am, of course, very much
a fan of debian's automatic update mechanisms and so already am
a user of it. What I need is something a manager can understand
(technical explanation would be quite alright, fortunately the
manager is a tech person himself).

-walter tautz

ps. Is there any more work to be done for the woody release
of fai? I'd like to use fai woody version.