Toward a robust package installation ?...

Ronan KERYELL Ronan.Keryell at enst-bretagne.fr
Tue Mar 5 17:16:47 CET 2002

I play with the FAI for few monthes but it is not in production because it
fails always for some reason and because I am a Debian ignorant (for
example around mkdivert and so on). But I try to improve this last
point. :-)

One reason is that if there is only one package broken, it fails. For
example :
chroot /tmp/target apt-get -y --fix-missing ... j2sdk1.3 ...
Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
[...]
Sorry, psmisc is already the newest version.
Package j2sdk1.3 has no available version, but exists in the database.
This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
of sources.list
E: Package j2sdk1.3 has no installation candidate
ERROR: 25600 25600

and then no other packages are installed.

Since I use the testing version, some times to times some packages are
ill.

Could it be possible to slightly change the FAI to go on even if some
packages are broken or not found ?

By the way : where is gone this j2sdk1.3 package ?
--
    Ronan KERYELL              |\/
    Labo Informatique Télécom  |/)  Tel:    (+33|0) 2.29.00.14.15
    29285 PLOUZANE CEDEX       |\   E-mail: Ronan.Keryell at enst-bretagne.fr
    FRANCE                     | \  http://www-info.enst-bretagne.fr/~keryell