scripts question

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Tue Jul 9 21:16:38 CEST 2002

Hi all,

I noticed that under scripts directory, that there is a combination
of both executables and directories.  Am I correct in my
understadning that FAI is intelligent enough to determine if the
directory entry is a directory and to descend into it only if that
class name is defined?

Also, is there any documented reasoning behind the number of th
script/*/S?? scripts here?  The default install seems to have
S01, S10, S20, and S40.  Are the scripts exec'ed in numerical order
regardless of defined class, or are they exec'ed in numerical order
based on class.  IOW, is scripts/FOO/S20 run immediately before
scripts/FOO/S40, or is scripts/BAR/S30 run between the 2?

Also, are the names of these scripts restricted to S##, or can they
be a little more like normal /etc/rcX.d files in that the name is
'S##descriptive_name' ?

Thanks!

--

Seeya,