Mechanism for adding custop built packages to fai_root?

Paul Nijjar pnijjar at utm.utoronto.ca
Mon Jul 8 23:34:49 CEST 2002

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Bruce  Edge wrote:

> > With that in mind, you could make a custom debian mirror pool for your
> > local packages, add that to the sources.list file/variable, and load
> > your custom package.
>

> Where can one find docs on creating a custom mirror pool?
> ie: the dir layout and control file formats?

	For simple mirrors (i.e. ones you do not need to use with
debootstrap) look at the Debian APT HOWTO.

	For complicated mirrors, I use apt-move to copy all packages I
have on a central machine to a mirror. apt-move is a Debian package that
comes with pretty decent documentation.

	The only problem is that in order to use this partial mirror with
debootstrap you have to create the Release files. I kludged together a
shell script to do this for me. This allows me to cut down the
multi-gigabyte Debian mirror to one that is a few hundred megabytes.

- Paul