Booting from a T1 card

Matthew Krenzer krenzer at wayport.net
Mon Jul 8 20:58:54 CEST 2002

I've setup FAI here at work and so far it seems to be a pretty usefull
tool.  I've been able to get it to boot from a 2.4 custom kernel and
install software, etc.

My question is this: Is there a way to get fai to mount the root
filesystem from over a WAN?  I don't see how to configure the hdlc0
interface from the kernel properly.  If I could do that, I would think
it would work just fine.  Does anyone out there know if this can be
done?

I've compiled a kernel w/ the LMC card driver in it and this is
detected just fine at boot.  I pass in the ip address information in
the 'ip=...' kernel parameter - but there is, of course, no place to
put the point-to-point address (same as gateway?).  When I boot the
screen says it configured hdlc0 but it can't mount the root
filesystem.  I see no attempts to mount in the logs on the nfs server
so I'm guessing that the configuration of hdlc0 just didn't go right
and that I'm not getting any error messages.

Any ideas?

Matthew